4/30/12

Beyoncé, People Magazine’s Most Beautiful Woman on Earth


The United States’ people Magazine has chosen the R&B star, Beyoncé as the new Most Beautiful Woman on Earth for 2012. She dethroned Jenniffer Lopez.

 She said she feels more beautiful since giving birth to Blue Ivy. “I feel more beautiful than I’ve ever felt because I’ve given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth.”

 Beyoncé Knowles became popular through the Destiny Child, a girl group. She was the lead singer of the group which was managed by her father, Mathew Knowles and styled by her mother Tina.

 Beyoncé left the group in 2003 to start a solo career which earned her five Grammy awards. Apart from singing she is a designer and actress, having featured in Dreamgirls, a movie-musical.

 In 2008, Beyoncé married a hip hop star Jay-Z and gave birth to her first child, Blue Ivy.

This honour is significant because Beyoncé is the second black woman to be appointed the Most Beautiful Woman on Earth after Halley Berry in 2003. Infact only 2 black woman have had this honour in 22 years. And no Asian woman has made the list yet. 


 I can’t help but ask why only Halle and Beyoncé were chosen probably because of their light skin complexions and Anglo-Saxon looks.

There is no doubt Beyoncé is a beautiful woman and from what I heard about her from people that have encountered her she’s humble and kindhearted. I am not disputing or questioning her choice. To be honest I am happy for her and all black women for this honour. But I’m trying to say that darker black women are equally beautiful.

 Beauty should be more deeper than skin colour. I know some beautiful black woman who were unable to make the list, maybe because of their darker skin tone. Women like Michelle Obama, Imam, Mary J. Blige, Laila Ali, Naomi Campbel etc.

 Who is on your list of the Most Beautiful Woman on Earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Search This Blog